makin my way downtown
have you accepted jesus christ as your lord and savior
- (I’m running errands for my pregnant wife. While walking to a nearby store, I see two teenagers harassing a child that is only four or five years old. I shoo them away from the boy, and he introduces himself.)
- Me: “So, where’s your mom at?”
- Boy: “She’s in the store. Do you have kids?”
- Me: “Not yet. We’re expecting a baby girl soon, though.”
- Boy: “Well, she’s going to turn out nice, like you! So, I’m going to marry her someday!”
- (I laugh, and play along while I bring him to the service desk, and wait until his mom picks him up. Six years later, my daughter comes home from school and introduces us to a friend that defended her against a bully on the playground. I didn’t recognize him, but he certainly knew who I was!)
BOLD WHAT YOU’VE BEEN CALLED.
- not good enough
- a waste of space
- a whore/hoe/slut
- too tall
- too short
- you’d be better dead
When someone says something is “the next Harry Potter”
Do you not understand?
There is no “next Harry Potter”
YOU CANNOT REPLICATE ANYTHING HARRY POTTER HAS ACHIEVED
Same as the Beatles.
I’m sorry but it doesn’t matter how popular a boy band gets or how much you hate the Beatles NO ONE WILL EVER BE COMPARABLE BECAUSE OF A WHOLE NUMBER OF FACTORS.
there’s no one like me in this universe
Plot twist: Tumblr.com is an unused domain. You log onto a blank page every day. The people you follow are all personalities in your split mind. Their ramblings on your dash are ramblings in your head. As you follow more people, your personality fractures into more shards. You are on a downward spiral into self-conversing insanity and not even you know it.
“He never said goodbye, he doesn’t like endings”
“I’m burning up a sun just to say goodbye.”